21st Century Skills Example Videos DVD
The video DVD (courtesy of the Pearson Foundation) included at the back of this book contains living examples of classrooms and educational programs that are successfully developing 21st century skills and knowledge.
These video case studies were selected to highlight how teachers and students are tackling real-world problems, learning rigorous content knowledge, and building their proficiency in 21st century skills, all through engaging and challenging learning projects.
The DVD includes eight documentary studies:
- The California Propositions Public Services Announcement Project from the Metropolitan Arts and Technology High School, an Envision school in San Francisco, California. (Courtesy of the Pearson Foundation.)
a. Overview of the project
b. Skill-by-skill descriptions
- 21st Century Skills Assessment from the Napa New Technology High School, a New Technology school in Napa, California. (Courtesy of the Pearson Foundation.)
- The Culture of 21st Century Skills from High Tech High, one of the High Tech High schools in San Diego, California. (Courtesy of the Pearson Foundation.)
- The Science Lab (Biology) Project from the School of the Future, a Coalition of Essential Schools member school in New York City. (Courtesy of the Coalition of Essential Schools.)
- The SARS Project from the ThinkQuest Program, with students from Egypt, Malaysia, Holland, and the United States. (Courtesy of the Oracle Education Foundation.)
- The Project Learning Institute and Success Project from St. Albans School in West Virginia. (Courtesy of the Oracle Education Foundation.)
- Harry’s Story from Kumasi, Ghana. (Courtesy of the Oracle Education Foundation.)
- The Hydrology Project from Catalina Foothills High School in Tucson, Arizona. (Courtesy of the Pearson Foundation.)
These video case studies can also be accessed from this book’s Web site and from their respective organization Web sites:
The complete version of the School of the Future video documentary plus other videos in the CES Essential Visions series that showcase the learning programs and principles of a variety of Coalition schools can be ordered directly from CES.